The Autism Society of the Greater Capital Region frequently hosts workshops and support groups to provide education and training for those on the autism spectrum and their families. Support groups create a safe environment for people to share coping strategies and find a sense of community. Keep an eye on our calendar of events and subscribe to our newsletter for scheduled times and locations. Please email us if you are interested in hosting your own workshop.
- Autism Fitness Level 1 Certification Training and Parent and Caregiver Night, hosted in partnership with Ring Around The Spectrum
- “The Land without Bells: The Problems and Obstacles that Young Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders Face while Transitioning into the Adult World” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R
- “BASICS Training – Basic Approach Supporting Individuals’ Communication and other Skills” – Presented by Diane E. Guendel, M.Sp.Ed. For parents and caregivers of individuals who struggle with significant communication and behavior challenges
- “Parent Workshop: Toilet Training” – presented by Stacey Francesconi, BCBA/LBA from Reaching Milestones
- ”Autism Movement Therapy” – six-week sessions that improve behavioral, emotional, academic, social, speech and language skills
- “Internet Usage and Safety Routines for Children and Adolescents” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R
- “Married or Dating Couples with Spectrum Questions about Themselves and their Relationships” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R
Our Current Support Groups Include:
For adults on the autism spectrum. This support group is currently held on the first Wednesday of each month, at our Schenectady office. Anyone interested in attending should call the office at 518-355-2191 to inquire about the next meeting. An RSVP is required for this event because we must have a minimum of 3 attendees to hold the meeting.