The Autism Society of the Greater Capital Region frequently hosts conferences and workshops to provide education and training for those on the autism spectrum and their families. Check out our upcoming events or email us for more information, or if you are interested in hosting your own workshop.
- Autism Expo – an annual conference and art exhibit in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Conference in the Country – an annual conference hosted by GRASP (Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership) and the Autism Societies of New York.
Recent Past Workshops Include
- “The Land without Bells: The Problems and Obstacles that Young Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders Face while Transitioning into the Adult World” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R
- “BASICS Training – Basic Approach Supporting Individuals’ Communication and other Skills” – Presented by Diane E. Guendel, M.Sp.Ed. For parents and caregivers of individuals who struggle with significant communication and behavior challenges
- “Parent Workshop: Toilet Training” – presented by Stacey Francesconi, BCBA/LBA from Reaching Milestones
- ”Autism Movement Therapy” – six-week sessions that improve behavioral, emotional, academic, social, speech and language skills
- “Internet Usage and Safety Routines for Children and Adolescents” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R
- “Married or Dating Couples with Spectrum Questions about Themselves and their Relationships” – presented by Steve Szalowski, LCSW-R